2 Days 1 Night Kiyau Campsite Tour
Imagine waking up to the sounds of birds chirping and the fresh smell of jungle air. Imagine spending your day hiking through lush rainforests, swimming in crystal-clear rivers, and exploring hidden waterfalls. Imagine spending your evening around a campfire, sharing stories with other travelers and gazing up at the stars.
This is what you can expect on a 2-day 1-night tour to Kiyau Campsite.
During your stay at Kiyau Campsite, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities, including hiking, swimming, and exploring the campsite. You can also simply relax and enjoy the stunning scenery.
In the evening, you can gather around the campfire and share stories with other guests. Or, you can simply gaze up at the stars and enjoy the beauty of the night sky.
This tour is perfect for Rotary convention participants who are looking for a unique and unforgettable experience. It is also a great way to learn about the natural beauty of Sarawak and experience the local culture.
- 1200hrs: Depart from your hotel in Kuching for a 1.5-hour drive to Kiyau Campsite
- 1330hrs: Arrive at Kiyau Campsite and check into your accommodation
- 1430hrs: Free time for leisure activities (e.g., swimming, hiking, exploring the campsite)
- 1730hrs: Dinner at the campsite
- 1900hrs: Night activities (e.g., campfire, storytelling, stargazing)
- 0630hrs: Wake up to the sounds of nature and enjoy a refreshing breakfast
- 0800hrs: Free time for leisure activities (e.g., hiking, swimming, exploring the campsite)
- 1130hrs: Check out of your accommodation and farewell to the campsite
- 1200hrs: Depart for Kuching
- 1330hrs: Arrive back at your hotel in Kuching
Optional hiking activities
- Subah Waterfall (1 hour 40 minutes): Difficulty level: Hard – Moderate, Route condition: Jungle trekking + River trekking
- Sangoh Waterfall (3 hours 30 minutes): Difficulty level: Hard – Moderate, Route condition: Jungle trekking + River trekking
- Malindo 144 (Sarawak-Kalimantan border) (45 minutes): Difficulty level: Easy, Route condition: Flat trail
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this tour is family-friendly. However, please note that the optional hiking trails have different difficulty levels, so choose accordingly.
Accommodation at Kiyau Campsite is basic, offering a rustic experience in the midst of nature. Expect comfortable but simple lodgings.
Yes, you can choose to skip the optional hiking activities and enjoy other leisure activities at the campsite.
Kiyau Campsite is located in a remote area, and cellphone reception and Wi-Fi may be limited or unavailable. It’s an opportunity to disconnect and immerse in nature.
Please inform the tour organizers in advance of any dietary restrictions or allergies, and they will make efforts to accommodate your needs.
Yes, there are restroom facilities available at the campsite for your convenience.
No, camping equipment is provided at the campsite. However, you may want to bring a sleeping bag or other personal camping gear if you prefer.
There is no specific age limit, but participants should be physically fit and able to engage in outdoor activities. Parental discretion is advised for young children.